AlphaDream Corporation, Ltd. (formerly known as AlphaStar) was a video game company founded by Tetsuo Mizuno in Japan on January 12, 2000. Their games were released for the Game Boy Color, Game Boy Advance, Nintendo DS, Nintendo 3DS, and Nintendo Switch, in partnership with Nintendo. They were best known for making the Mario & Luigi series. They went out of business on October 1, 2019 after declaring bankruptcy.
List of video games
- Koto Battle: Tengai no Moribito (2001)
- Tomato Adventure (2002)
- Hamtaro: Rainbow Rescue (2003)
- Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga (2003)
- Hamtaro: Ham-Ham Games (2004)
- Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time (2005)
- Tottoko Hamtaro Nazo Nazo Q Kumonoue no ? Jou (2005)
- Hi Hamtaro! Ham-Ham Training (2007)
- Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story (2009)
- PostPet DS (2009)
- Mario & Luigi: Dream Team (2013)
- Mario & Luigi: Paper Jam (2015)
- Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga + Bowser's Minions (2017)
- Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr.'s Journey (2019)
- Kedama no Gonjiro: Fit & Run (2019)
- Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games Tokyo 2020 (2019)
Why They and Their Games Rocked
- They developed almost all of their games for handheld Nintendo consoles, meaning you could play their games whenever you go. Even if the Nintendo 3DS' popularity slowly went away, they still made the remake of Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story, meaning they supported the 3DS, which is very nice of them. It's like they wanted to try to still save 3DS' popularity as possible.
- They created the Mario & Luigi series, which is considered to be the greatest series ever made by Mario fans. They did a great job at introducing characters in many of Mario & Luigi games, like Starlow for example, who firstly appeared in Bowser's Inside Story in 2009, or even Popple, who firstly appeared in Superstar Saga in 2003.
- They added a lot of improvements in the remakes of their games, meaning they wanted to improve some things so the players who played their original games would love the changed that happended in their remakes. This means they wanted to make the players of their remakes who played their original games more happier than they were when they played AlphaDream's original games.
- They helped Sega develop Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games Tokyo 2020 along with Racjin, Yuke's and Success, which is just to prove how AlphaDream was nice, since they helped another developer develop a game along with 3 different companies, even from the same country. This also means that Sega didn't had a longer development of the game, thanks to AlphaDream, Racjin, Yuke's and Success.
- Their games had many great titles, thanks to how AlphaDream was original with their first game, Koto Battle: Tengai no Moribito, as well as Nintendo's ideas, like Tomato Adventure, Hamtaro: Rainbow Rescue, and most importantly, titles from the Mario & Luigi series.
- Awesome soundtrack that would make you want to memory it. You could even wanna listen to their games' music for so long just to prove that AlphaDream's music in their games are awesome. In fact, you would even want to try to hear the music in AlphaDream's games in your dreams.
- Colorful and outstanding graphics. As what would you expect from Mario games, even by AlphaDream. You wouldn't even decide to disagree with other people's opinion about the graphics if you would look at them for the first time, mostly in Partners in Time. You would even want to try to memory the graphics after you would look at them.
- None of their games were rushed, meaning there are not that much glitches (except in Paper Jam), meaning you would easily play their games without even trying to run into a glitch, only if you would try to do some secret ways to glitch the game.
- Impressive boss fights, expecially the Jojora battle in Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga, or the Shrowser fight in Partners in Time. All of them are different and have different themes, as not all bosses will have the same theme. Each of them also fight differently, as what would you expect from a RPG game, much like the bosses from Paper Mario series.
- Great attacks, with all of them being different, most notably in Mario & Luigi games. They even do good amount of damage, with the most notable being Mario's last Bros. Attack in Paper Jam, Toad Trail, which does a lot of damage, meaning you could beat the bosses easier than wasting a lot of time using normal attacks.
- Fun parts in a lot of games, expecially hitting Mario and Luigi in Superstar Saga with a hammer if they don't have a special ability to either walk above big walls that have small holes, and they can even be angry and then have neutral mood after a second. You could even want to repeat many times to just watch these fun parts, expecially if you love them.
- Solid controls. Expecially in Mario & Luigi games. They are solid in everything, in moving, in attacking, and obliviously, even in jumping. Even their early games before the Mario & Luigi series have solid controls, due to how AlphaDream was talented.
- Many great antagonists, like Cackletta from Superstar Saga, King Abīra from Tomato Adventure, and Fawful from Bowser's Inside Story. Some of them can be even memorable, like Dark Bowser, who also appears in Bowser's Inside Story. You could even want to fight with them just if you would like the antagonists in AlphaDream's games so much.
The Only Bad Quality
- Obliviously, not every great developer will not develop a mediocre or a bad game. For example, one of their games, Mario & Luigi: Paper Jam is mediocre, due to a lot of glitches, as mentioned before, and other flaws in it.