Castlevania: The Dracula X Chronicles
Castlevania: The Dracula X Chronicles is a 2.5D remake of Castlevania: Rondo of Blood for the PlayStation Portable. It was released on October 23th, 2007 in North America, November 8th in Japan, and early 2008 elsewhere.
Why It Rocks
- The game features 2D gameplay, with 3D backgrounds.
- Characters feature an anime style drawing.
- Stellar graphics and totally remastered soundtrack that exploits the PSP's capabilities.
- The original Castlevania: Rondo of Blood can be unlocked. This was also Rondo of Blood's North American debut.
- Branching paths in every stage that lead to many different levels and bosses.
- New areas and a few bosses were added.
- Many boss battles were changed: some are easier, while others are harder.
- Some levels have been expanded with new areas to explore, some of which include new puzzles.
- Other new additions include certain obstacles that can only be bypassed after obtaining specific items.
- Many hidden collectibles in every stage.
- Castlevania: Symphony of the Night is also unlockable and features totally remade voice acting and dialogue more faithful to the original Japanese script, as well as an improved soundtrack and improved graphics.
Critical reaction to the remake, The Dracula X Chronicles, was generally favorable. Metacritic listed The Dracula X Chronicles as 80/100 while Game Rankings gave it an 81.40%. Reviewers praised the updated visuals, enjoyable soundtrack, inclusion of Symphony of the Night and other bonus content.