Crysis is a first-person shooter video game developed by Crytek and published by Electronic Arts for Microsoft Windows and released in November 2007. It is the first game in the Crysis series.
Crysis Remastered is a remaster of the first game that is developed and published by Crytek. The remaster runs on CryEngine V. It was released on July 23, 2020 for the Nintendo Switch and on September 18, 2020 for Microsoft Windows, Xbox One, and PlayStation 4.
Why It Rocks
- Extremely realistic graphics achieved thanks to the CryEngine 2.
- Action packed and intense gameplay.
- A special nano-suit grants you many abilities such as temporary invisibility and armor for extra protection.
- Also, the nanosuit allows superhuman feats, such as ultra high jumps, inhuman strength and speed.
- The nanosuit provides you also with a cloak mode, which allows for a stealth approach.
- Each mode is limited by the suit's battery, which decreases whenever you perform an action related to that mode. This means that energy management is important, especially on higher difficulty levels.
- Great soundtrack.
- The player fights both North Korean and extraterrestrial enemies in various environments around an isolated island.
- Smooth gameplay that rarely lags or slow downs.
- A great multiplayer with lots of content.
- Great voice acting.
- The game offers open world stages which can be explored freely.
- It is considered one of the best FPS games of all time and one of the highest rated along with Half-Life 2.
- Very short main campaign.
- The PC version's requirements are insane and highly demanding due to the game relying on a single thread, despite at the time dual core and even quad core CPUs existing. Even the Remastered version suffers from this problem. This spawned a meme called But, can it run Crysis?
- Turkish language is exclusive to Turkish retail release, as the Steam version lacks Turkish language support.
Upon its release, Crysis was met with critical acclaim. Aggregating review websites GameRankings and Metacritic rated the PC version 90.23% and 91/100, the Xbox 360 version 83.98% and 81/100 and the PlayStation 3 version 80.90% and 81/100.
GameSpot awarded Crysis a score of 9.5 out of 10, describing it as "easily one of the greatest shooters ever made."