Dark Souls 3
Dark Souls III is an action role-playing video game developed by FromSoftware and published by Bandai Namco Entertainment for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and Microsoft Windows.
The fourth entry in the Souls series. Dark Souls III was released in Japan in March 2016, and worldwide in April 2016.
Why It Rocks
- Amazing graphics.
- Great atmosphere.
- Beautiful and charming soundtrack.
- Fast paced combat and gameplay.
- Impressive boss battles some of which are considered the best of the Souls series.
- Bonfires act as a unique checkpoints for each level. When rested at, the player is fully healed, but all of the enemies respawn.
- Does almost everything the first title did just as well, if not better.
- Souls are the game's currency and must be obtained to upgrade weapons and armor.
- Tons of different armor pieces and weapons.
- More customizing options than the two previous titles.
- An impressive enemy and boss design.
- Huge and vast areas to explore, all of them full of deadly hazards and monsters.
- A fitting and satisfying conclusion to the Souls trilogy.
- Since this game offers a different story and is set on a different time, there is no need to play the previous titles to follow the game's plot. However, there are still enough nods to the original that players of previous titles won't feel left out either.
- Very linear maps compared to the previous titles.
- The game may suffer from frame rate issues, while the FPS is locked.
- The game's Poise stat from the first two games was changed in a system so bad, players initially thought that it was glitched. The change ruins potential for certain character builds that were possible in the previous two entries.
- Some players felt that there were a few too many nods to the first game. There are also almost no nods to the second game.
- The first DLC, while still enjoyable, is relatively short and was considered by many to be overpriced. Not helping was that many considered the final boss to be overpowered.
- The second DLC doesn't have much of an ending or a point unless the player owns the first DLC.
- A lot of the locations are very gray and dull looking.
Dark Souls III was critically and commercially successful, with critics calling it a worthy and fitting conclusion to the series.