Destroy All Humans! 2
Destroy All Humans 2 is an action-adventure platformer third-person shooter video game released on October 17, 2006 for the PlayStation 2 and Xbox by THQ. It was later re-released in 2016 on the PlayStation 4 with 1080p graphics.
Ten years have gone by since Crypto defeated Magestic and took over the American government. Orthropox 13 has died after a Soviet nuclear missile destroyed the Furon mothership. Pox has downloaded his consciousness into a personal holographic projector designed to communicate between Furons on Motherships and planet surfaces. Pox's unit, dubbed a HoloPox, allows him to communicate with, advise, and vex Crypto down on Earth. Crypto 137 has died of unknown causes, and Crypto 138, a clone with pure Furon DNA harvested from human brains, has taken his place as the President. Crypto 138 is the first Furon in millennia to possess genitalia, as his pure DN has not been corrupted by radiation. When the KGB destroy the mothership and Pox, Crypto must find a way to stop them from destroying what he has worked so hard to achieve. Along the way, he is supported by Natalya Ivanova, a rogue KGB agent whom he constantly hits on. He also comes across the Blisk, the dreaded enemy that the Furons thought they defeated in the Martian War.
Why It Rocks
- The humor of the game is dark humor. It typically takes place during conversations between Crypto and Orothopox who make fun of the human race and their customs, but the humans in the games are often parodies of certain types of humans.
- Fun combat involving killing humans using various weapons such as the Meteor Strike, the Gastro Gun, the Disintegrator Ray, and the Ion Detonator, among others.
- Excellent environments that allow for a lot of enjoyable destruction.
- The game is an open world game. While you can follow the missions, you can also just roam around, randomly kill humans, and complete side missions.
- Great cutscenes which have epic imagery and funny voice acting.
- The new weapons and body snatching ability just add more fun to a game with huge open worlds and the plentiful side missions.
- The AI in the game is flawed. Every enemy seems as brain dead as Crypto thinks they are.
- For Example, The Final boss is very dull & easy to beat.
- You can't Transmog in human form.
- The graphics (Especially the human models) didn’t age well.