The FC Twin (also known as FC X2) is a Famiclone console released in 2006. It was made by Qi Sheng Long and Yobo Gameware. The best feature of the console is that it can play both NES and SNES cartridges and it also has two processors: an 8-bit processor for the NES games and a 16-bit processor for the SNES games.
Why It Rocks
- It uses the same hardware with the NES and SNES, making it compatible with most of the games of them.
- It's very cheap (selling at around $60), a factor that makes it a good choice for people who don't have enough money to buy both a NES and a SNES.
- Despite having some issues with the compatibility, newer models solved this problem.
- It's also compatible with actual SNES controllers.
- It has a processor switch, making it easy to switch between 8-bit and 16-bit games.
- It's very easy to find, commonly on eBay and Amazon for smaller prices.
- The design of the console is slim, and the console is even smaller than both the NES and SNES consoles.
- It comes in different colors.
- The console is yet still being produced to this day since 2006.
The Only Bad Quality
- Some games are not compatible on the console. Thankfully, it was resolved in later models.
The console sold more than a million units and was praised for its compatibility with the majority of the Nintendo games and for using the same hardware with these consoles.