Fall Guys: Ultimate Knockout
Fall Guys: Ultimate Knockout is a platforming battle royale video game developed by British studio Mediatonic and published by Devolver Digital. It was released for the PlayStation 4 and Microsoft Windows on August 4, 2020.
Fall Guys: Ultimate Knockout is a battle royale. Up to 60 players go up against 5 rounds that 25 all have their own maps to face in order to reach the top of the mountain to grab the crown to win. As the number of players drops, the maps in each round changes.
At the start of the game, the most common modes you get are Racing, then Survival, Team Battle, Logic, Hunt, and then the Final Stage. Players go up to 4 random rounds that can be any of the aforementioned modes before. The number of players that are qualified to continue is 43 at the start and lowers as the progresses. Players can also try to knock off other players to try and not get eliminated to progress.
The Final Rounds are different each time you reach the end. These modes are Hex-A-Gone, Fall Mountain, Jump Showdown, and Royal Fumble.
Why It Rocks
- You control a jellybean like person that feels silly and hilarious.
- Up to 24 minigames you can play on that are mostly fun to play through.
- Extremely catchy music.
- Great gameplay that can be for casual or competitive players.
- The devs added some new content to the game to make the game have more replay value which is bringing in new course variations and has a bunch of new changes to the game's rotation of minigames.
- Great graphics that are colorful and cartoonish.
- Great controls.
- Decent replay value, with some variety.
- The Final Round has the remaining players go up to 1 of the 5 rounds in an attempt to try and grab the crown at the end.
- Some of the minigames can be completely luck-based or tedious.
- It can get really repetitive after a lot of playthroughs.
- Your starting position is randomized each time a round starts, making it very easy to lose a race match.
- Between August and November 2020, the names for PC players were just Fall Guy #### which was later replaced with a new name system that can be randomly generated as much as you want if you don't like what you're called.
- Limited shop, with only 6 daily-rotative items and 3 (sometimes could be 2 or 1) 3-day-rotative featured items.
- Like Among Us, the game got very popular thanks to certain YouTubers and Twitch streamers playing the game.
- This game (along with Among Us) has become the most popular game of 2020.