Forbidden Siren 2
Forbidden Siren 2 is a survival horror video game developed by Project Siren and published by Sony Computer Entertainment for the PlayStation 2 in 2006. It is a sequel to 2003's Siren (Forbidden Siren).
Why It Rocks
- You can play with 10 different characters, each with their own struggles to survive.
- Innovative "sightjack" mode in which you can see through the eyes of your enemies, which can be used as a strategy to complete missions safely.
- Tons of missions, each with primary and secondary objectives.
- Scary monsters which are neither alive nor dead called Yamibito.
- Zombie like monsters called Shibito return from the first game, but they are smarter and more dangerous than ever.
- One of the scariest survival horror experiences for the PS2.
- Interesting story.
- Dark environments and blood-like water add for an unnerving and terrifying effect.
Forbidden Siren 2 received generally positive scores, with a score of 73.86% on GameRankings based on 14 reviews. Eurogamer awarded the game a score of 7 out of 10 with reviewer Kristan Reed feeling that the game improved on many of the problems of the first game, especially the difficulty level and trial-and-error nature of the gameplay.VideoGamer.com gave it a score of 6 out of 10 with reviewer Chris Pickering (a fan of Siren) also feeling that the game removed many of the problems inherent to the original.