Gran Turismo 5
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Gran Turismo 5 is a racing simulator developed by Polyphony Digital and released for the PlayStation 3 on November 24, 2010. It is the first in the series to be on the PS3.
Why It Rocks
- Beautiful detail on the Premium Cars.
- 1000+ vehicles in the game.
- Stunning environments for the PS3.
- Damage modelling is in the series for the first time.
- The inclusion of WRC, NASCAR and Super GT vehicles is a nice addition to the game.
- Karts are fun to drive, and provide a decent challenge.
- It had one of the most fun Online modes, with a great Fanbase doing cool stuff like Drag races, Car Shows, and much more!
- Although you cannot accelerate the time speed when using B-Spec mode like in Gran Turismo 4, you can suspend an Endurance Race in case you tired or you want to play another game without starting from the beginning of the race (After Spec 2.0).
- Players who start the game with the 2.02 update installed will receive a Toyota 86 GT '12 as a starter car which is very good advantage to the Career/A-Spec mode.
- Revamped customization. You can change the front and rear bumpers, diffusers, and a lot more!
- First game in the series to make your car rollover.
- First game in the series to have rain surfaces. It also became the first game in the series to use windshield wipers (only works on Premium cars).
- Also the first game in the series with dynamic day/night transitions.
- Amazing soundtrack with memorable songs, such as My Chemical Romance's Planetary (GO!).
- The Academy Edition has a download code which can give you DLC only cars. One of them is a Level 40, Premium Formula-like car, the Red Bull X2011 Prototype, that has a whopping 999 HP, making it one of the fastest cars in the entire car collection, and the second most powerful turbocharged car in the entire franchise (behind the Bugatti Vision Gran Turismo)!
- There's an amazing mod named "Master Mod" which brings back all the tracks from Gran Turismo 4 as well has their PS2 versions and the online is back.
- The standard cars are just ported from Gran Turismo 4, with no interior modelling. Adding insult to injury, these make up 80% of the roster!
- Some PSN trophies are very difficult to win such has the Gold Standard in which you must complete all Gold in races, special events and licenses which is very difficult to do this. The infamous trophy GT-R Official Record is also much worse than the said trophy that the objective to do is achieve 7'29.03 on the Nurburgring Nordschleife in a Nissan GT-R '07 with Hard Sports Tires or less.
- There are several difficult races which this combined with Section 2 such as the infamous Daytona International Super Speedway in the NASCAR Series, and Cóte D'Azur in the Historic Racing Cup event.
- On the 31st May, 2014, the servers shut down, meaning that you can't access the Museum, Gran Turismo TV (except for the intro video), and online multiplayer. Fortunately, the Master Mod brings back the online although you still cannot access to the Seasonal Events, the museum and the Online Car Dealership.
- Sometimes when you exit for a race, the race menu stay forever and the HDD Access Indicator light in your console blinks forever, forcing you to exit the game and restart it.
- You cannot win exaggerated amounts of money like in previous Gran Turismo games. The money limit is capped at 20,000,000 unless if you use hacks. However winning money by selling cars or winning races, the money goes back to the original limit.
- There are cut parts that if you use hacks to get those parts and you install those parts to your cars after the 2.12 update, the horsepower and weight values are reverted to the original parts of your car if you go to the race, to GT Auto or show your car in your garage. Those parts vary from Stage 4 and 5 of Turbo, Engine, and Nitro that its horsepower increases into +10.000HP.