House Of The Dead Overkill
The House of the Dead: Overkill is a first-person rail shooter gun game developed by Headstrong Games and published by Sega in 2009. It is the fifth game entry in The House of the Dead series, a prequel to the original game chronologically and the first in the series to be released solely on a home console.
Why It Rocks
- Cool 70s setting similar to grindhouse films by Robert Rodriguez.
- Fast paced gameplay.
- Awesome rock and roll soundtrack.
- Hilarious dialogue and moments. Especially the creative use of the f word.
- The extended cut adds more story and it fixes the plot holes in it.
- A variety of bosses with their own strategey to defeat them.
- Interesting set pieces.
- Great graphics.
- A lot of unlockables to find.
- Lots of replay value.
- Tons of likable characters.
- Nicely designed in game models.
- Technical hiccups from time to time.
- The cursing can be really excessive at times to the point of cheesiness.
The game has received generally favorable reviews. Its metacritic score is 78%.
- The game received a Guinness World Record for being the most profane video game in history. This record was beaten by Mafia 2 a year later.