inXile Entertainment, Inc. is an American video game developer headquartered in Tustin, California. The company is mostly known for role-playing games, primarily the Wasteland series. The company mostly consists of former Interplay Productions employees.
List of video games
- The Bard's Tale (2004)
- Fantastic Contraption (2008)
- Line Rider 2: Unbound (2008)
- Super Stacker 1 & 2 (2009)
- Shape Shape (2010)
- Super Stacker Party (2010)
- Hunted: The Demon's Forge (2011)
- Choplifter HD (2012)
- Wasteland 2 (2014)
- Torment: Tides of Numenera (2017)
- The Mage's Tale (2017)
- The Bard's Tale Trilogy (2018)
- The Bard's Tale IV: Borrow's Deep (2018)
- Wasteland Remastered (2020)
- Wasteland 3 (2020)
- Frostpoint VR: Proving Grounds (2020)
Why They And Their Games Rock
- The best part about them is that they create well-deserved sequels and successors to classic role-playing games from the 80s and 90s.
- Their games aren't cheaply-made cash grabs that prey on the nostalgia of their players. They have the spirit and feel of the original games, and are perfect successors, such as Wasteland 2 feeling like a true sequel and Torment: Tides of Numenera having the same amazing story quality and ideas as the game it's based on (Planescape: Torment).
- Their CRPGs are great examples of well-done storytelling in games, specifically in the case of Torment: Tides of Numenera, which tells a story that can be favorably compared to that of Telltale's titles.
- While not as well known as their CRPG lineup, their Flash games are consistently fun to play.
- They brought back the Wasteland and The Bard's Tale series, which fell out of relevance years ago, but are now being introduced to new players with the remasters and sequels.
- They listen to their fans. As a matter of fact, they often ask them what they want to see in their game.
- They care about the quality of their games, as evidenced by delaying Wasteland 2 to give it more time to be worked on before release.
- Now that they are now owned by Microsoft, they now have access to funds that can make their games look and sound better, such as having much better graphics and full voice acting.
- The company didn't do much in their early years, and they primarily focused on Flash-based games.
- They have published and released a few mediocre titles, such as Wasteland Remastered and Hunted: The Demon's Forge.