Seán William McLoughlin (born: February 7, 1990 [age 31]), better known online as Jacksepticeye, is an Irish YouTuber, streamer, comedian, philanthropist, entrepreneur, and voice actor. He is currently the largest Irish YouTuber overall. His channel has over 14 billion views and 26.7 million subscribers as of March 29, 2021. Despite creating his channel on February 24, 2007, he only started uploading videos in November 2012 where he made a Solid Snake vocal impression video. According to Jack in a 2017 video, he originally wanted the channel to be dedicated to impressions.
His channel gained popularity when he became one of several small YouTubers who won PewDiePie's shout-out competition and has since done numerous gaming collaborations with him.
Why He Rocks
- Unlike most Let's Players who always force themselves to act funny and come out as cringe-worthy, Jack is genuinely funny without forcing himself to be funny. As a result, his Let's Play videos are very entertaining regardless of how awful the game is.
- He is one of the nicest YouTubers around, having charity streams that genuinely have 100% of its proceeds going to the charity he is sponsoring for the streams.
- A very cool and quite passionate greeting. Before he starts to say something, he uses a sound effect to show to high-five and greets with a memorable line mentioned on an infobox. Some time later, unfortunately, he abandoned this.
- He can also take negative criticism, although they're extremely rare due to his genuinely nice fanbase.
- His fanbase is the least toxic fanbase in YouTube, so much so that it's way easier to count the number of toxic comments than nice comments.
- He helps to invigorate interest in really small indie games or reinvigorate interest in forgotten games that were popular back then in some of his videos. The one example is Subnautica, which saw a massive boost in popularity that helped its then-near-bankrupt indie developer Unknown Worlds Entertainment get out of poverty and heavily improve the game.
- In fact, a lot of the developers of the games that got its popularity boosted by Jack thanked him in the credits and even added in his mascot, SepticEye Sam, as an Easter egg.
- His vocal impressions are surprisingly good, as shown in his Undertale and Deltarune playthroughs, so much so that Joey Drew Studios Inc. hired him to voice Shawn Flynn, one of the studio's in-game employees, in Chapter 3 of Bendy and the Ink Machine.
- The editing in his videos are really good thanks to his Swedish editor Robin "Pixlpit" Torkar.
- He is not afraid to openly criticize YouTube and its terrible actions, like the infamous "Adpocalypse".
- His "Meme Time" series is funny and full of fun and mostly-original memes made by fans.
- He did a drum cover of System Of A Down' "Chop Suey" and Avenged Sevenfold's "Unholy Confessions" and he did a good job.
The Only Bad Quality
- He openly criticized PewDiePie (his closest friend) over the controversy surrounding an anti-Semitic joke the latter made on one of his meme videos. Thankfully, he apologized for it the next day.
- Jack was a drummer in a band while studying in college.
- He voiced the cameraman in asdfmovie10, Shawn Flynn in Bendy and the Ink Machine and Pheel the Eel in Monster Prom.
- Jack is currently dating Dutch horror Let's Player Evelien "Gab" Smolders.
- For some stupid reason, toxic diehard PlayStation 5 fans cancelled him over an innocent PS5 joke he made on Twitter.
- He voiced Irish The Hedgehog for the offical Sonic YouTube channel.
- He got his channel's name from an eye infection he got when he was young.
Some of Jack's videos
JackSepticEye's official channel trailer
The very first video uploaded on his channel
The most-viewed video on his channel