Killer Is Dead
Killer Is Dead is a 2013 hack and slash video game developed by Grasshopper Manufacture. It is published by Kadokawa Games in
Japan, Marvelous USA in North America, and Deep Silver in Europe.
Why It Rocks
- Humorous moments.
- Dark and edgy storyline.
- Highly detailed cel shaded graphics.
- Shadowy visuals that go very well with its neo noir tone.
- Cool combat.
- Nice art style.
- Interesting level design.
- Variety of abilities to earn.
- There are plenty of bosses to fight.
- You can now finally visit the moon after being referenced in several Suda51 games.
- Screen tears from time to time.
- Lack of lock on for targets.
- Its story shifts in tone way too often.
Hardcore gamer gave the game a 4/5.
- The name of this game is inspired by the smiths song "The Queen is dead".
- Each region the game was released in has a distinctly different cover.
- Suda51 considers this to be the yin of Lollipop Chainsaw.
- The team had originally experimented with a realistic graphical style and a cartoon style reminiscent of Killer7 before settling on the final design.
- Suda51 refers to Mondo Zappa as an "idiot".