Kirby's Return to Dream Land
Kirby's Return to Dream Land (Kirby's Adventure Wii in PAL regions) is a platforming game developed by HAL Laboratory and published by Nintendo. It is the second Kirby game to be released for the Wii, with the first being Kirby's Epic Yarn.
Kirby, along with King Dedede, and Meta Knight, and a Waddle Dee wearing a bandana, witness a starship crash land near them. They investigate the crash and meet Magolor, an extraterrestrial who is from another universe. Magolor offers Kirby and the gang a trip to his homeworld if they retrieve the lost pieces to the ship.
Why It Rocks
- Very simple but interesting story with a pretty good plot twist.
- It's great to see Kirby back in action.
- Smooth tight controls.
- This game introduces the Super Inhale ability, which is incredibly useful.
- This game has multiplayer, and the best part is, up to four players can play this game.
- King Dedede is a playable character!
- Fun and solid game-play.
- Fantastic soundtrack.
- Many collectibles.
- Despite the game looking short, there is also an EX Mode, which is basically a harder version of the main Story Mode.
- Beautiful graphics.
- Colorful visuals and art style that captures the cartoonish look of Kirby.
- Two very fun mini-games.
- Many callbacks to the original classic games.
- Lots of replay value.
- Many, many, many copy abilities.
- Creative level design.
- Many levels have themes in them (such as grassy land and a fiery land).
- This game introduces Super Abilities, which are a lot of fun to use and are great for solving many puzzles.
- Many great boss fights.
- In the True Arena, Galacta Knight returns as a boss, still as hard as he previously was.
- Magolor is an amazing boss, and is regarded as one of the best minor Kirby characters due to his scheming plan resembling that of Marx's in Kirby Super Star.
- For some bizarre reason, the Power-Up Challenges are required to play through and beating to get a medal (there are Bronze, Silver, Gold, and Platinum) in order to 100% this game, due to how the game doesn't exactly tell you that, you wouldn't be able to know that unless you looked it up, tho thankfully you don't have to get gold or higher to 100% Kirby's Return to Dream Land.
- Getting a platinum medal on the challenges (as well as the EX mode) is very challenging.
- When playing this game in co-op mode, you share lives with the other players.
- Even if there are two or more players when Kirby gets killed, you still have to start that section all over again.
- While EX mode is fun, it can get a bit cheap at times.
- If your running low on energy for that Super Ability, find a super enemy and defeat it to regain energy.
- Many power-ups have their usage for puzzles, then include.
- Fire can be used to melt ice, burn out grasses, and be used to ignite a cannon.
- Both Sword, Spear, and Hammer can be used for handheld weapons when underwater.
- Ice can be used to traverse heated floors.
- Water can give you an increase in firepower for the water breath when used underwater.
- During the second phase of the Landia boss fight, hitting the one with the crown will cause double damage.
- During the dimension segments, you can push back the purple wall.
- If your planning on acquiring a platinum medal for all challenges including the DX version of them, then you must do the following.
- Get all the coins.
- Don't take damage.
- Defeat all enemies.
- Beat the challenge with less than 30 seconds to acquire a time bonus for points.