Jump to navigation Jump to search
Madagascar is a 2005 action-adventure video game based on the animated movie of the same name. It was released on May 24, 2005, in North America and on June 30, 2005, in Europe.
Why It Rocks
- 5 different playable characters from the movie.
- Memorable levels, especially the Penguin Mutiny level, which is considered the best level in the game.
- Different purchasable items in the shop.
- Great music and also fun to listen to.
- A comic-styled plot which is fun to watch.
- 3 fun arcade games that can be found on the first 3 levels.
- Other fun minigames that can be bought.
- Responsive controls.
- There are two levels where you can switch characters at times.
- The crane section in the Penguins Of Madagascar level can easily make you laugh.
- The game is very funny.
- While not as good, the DS and Game Boy Advance versions are still enjoyable.
- Long loading screens only on console versions.
- The graphics haven't aged well enough, that makes it look more like a PlayStation 1 game than one from 2005.
- Sometimes, the platforming can be bad.
- It's hard to control Gloria when she runs very fast.
- The fog distance and the lip-syncing in the PC version are really awful (thankfully you can turn off the fog distance in the PC version).
This game received generally positive reviews from critics.