Mercenaries: Playground of Destruction
Mercenaries: Playground of Destruction is a game the is an open world game that takes place in North Korea in 2009. It is one of the first games to have a destroyable open world, from destroying bridges to destroying a 112 story hotel, anything can be blown up.
The game was a commercial success that spawned 1 sequel and sadly, too cancelled games, Mercs3: No Limits and Mercs Inc.
Why It Rocks
- It's an open world game, with a lot of exportation.
- You can destroy everything with any kind of bomb.
- It has a lot of content, from using tanks to even using a Apache helicopter.
- Really funny Easter eggs that reference Indiana Jones to Aliens.
- Has an interesting story.
- Characters that are likable.
- Awesome soundtrack.
- Balanced difficulty, not too easy and not too hard.
- Good Graphics.
- Lots of interesting missions.
- If you're in South Korea, you can't play it. However, the ban is lifted by the Game Rating Board in 2007.
- Some levels are too hard.
- You can't swim in water like in Red Dead Redemption.
- Can be unenjoyable to play, and can annoy the Russian Mafia since they give you most of your weapons, bombs and vehicles.