Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots
Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots is a stealth action game developed by Kojima Productions and published by Konami exclusively for the PlayStation 3 console. It is the sixth Metal Gear game directed by Hideo Kojima and was released worldwide on June 12, 2008. MGS4 is the final Metal Gear game where Solid Snake is the main character.
Why It Rocks
- Highly detailed graphics for its time.
- The visuals are amazing.
- Excellent voice acting.
- Disturbing soundtrack.
- Good shooting mechanics.
- Smooth controls.
- Amazing art direction.
- A lot of likable new characters and returning characters like Raiden, Meryl, Vamp, Naomi, and ect.
- It uses the PlayStation 3's capabilities to their full capacity.
- Lots of cool gadgets and weapons that you can tailor to your own style of play.
- Great storyline.
- Dozens of secrets and easter eggs to discover.
- They manage to turn Johnny (an easter egg character with a running joke that he has diarrhea) into a formidable character.
- The cutscenes are highly impressive thanks to its camera angles and script.
- An awesome ending that wraps up everyone's story and the Metal Gear storyline.
- Brand new stealth mechanics in the game.
- Tons of throwbacks to Metal Gear Solid, including a level where you return to Shadow Moses!
- Snake's speech about war became a meme.
- The final row of cutscenes goes on for 1 hour and 11 minutes.
- This game is not for newcomers as it has many references and throwbacks to the previous Metal Gear games that newcomers won't understand thus making the story very confusing
- The platinum trophy is really difficult to obtain, to put salt on the wound, it is very frustrating to obtain platinum only if you are a trophy hunter.
Metal Gear Solid 4 received universal acclaim, according to review aggregator website Metacritic. It has a score of 92% on the site.
IGN gave this a 10 out of 10 along with Gamespot.
- This became the last PS3 game offered to PlayStation Plus subscribers in February 2019, nearly 11 years after its release.