Oh...Sir!! The Hollywood Roast
Oh...Sir!! The Hollywood Roast is an indie insult-'em-up developed by Vile Monarch and published by Gambitious Digital Entertainment (now doing business as Good Shepard Entertainment). It serves as the direct sequel to the surprise hit Oh...Sir!! The Insult Simulator.
Why It Rocks
- The game is a massive parody of Hollywood in general, with hundreds of references to movies and TV shows.
- Every single character in the game is a parody of famous celebrities or movie characters.
- Dirty Potter is an amalgamation of Dirty Harry and Harry Potter. Even his name is a portmanteau of both characters!
- Marilyn Nomore is an aged version of Marilyn Monroe and celebrities who are famous because they're famous in general.
- The Greasy Wizard is a pervertic parody of Gandalf and Dumbledore.
- Wisecrack is an amalgamation of Deadpool's head, Captain America's shield, Thor's Mjolnir, Iron Man's armour and the Hulk's arms.
- Chop Sue E. is a Japanese parody of Lucy Liu.
- Nosferateen is a teenage version of Nosferatu.
- Jane Blunt is basically a Rule 63 parody of Jame Bond.
- Fork Parker, CFO is a fictional character created by Devolver Digital in real life as part of some of their marketing stunts in 2014.
- Groan the Destroyinator is literally the Terminator clone of Conan the Barbarian.
- One Bad Motherhugger, who is exclusive to the game's Switch port, is a big parody of Samuel L. Jackson in general.
- The game implemented the heavily-requested Steam Workshop into the Microsoft Windows and Mac OS X port of the game, allowing fans of the series to create and upload their own characters and voice-overs.
- A big library of fan characters that can be modded into the game, some good, some so bad they're on the same level as The Room.
- Vile Monarch held a competition on July 19, 2017, to see who can create the best fan character on Oh...Sir!! The Hollywood Roast. The winning characters are Angelina Celebritina, a parody of Angelina Jolie, Pill Mossby, a parody of Bill Cosby, Jacket from Hotline Miami, Wally the Steampunk Wolf and (for some reason) an anthropomorphic magnifying glass.
- The game received regular updates just like its predecessor.
- Just like its predecessor, the game has cross-platform multiplayer across ALL devices, meaning you can insult a Nintendo Switch user living in Mountain View, California, while on your Android phone in the middle of Kathmandu, Nepal!
- The game also has local multiplayer for some couch insult fun, just like its predecessor.
- You can take a jab at numerous Hollywood pop culture, like the Weinstein brothers, The Room, The Green Lantern and Battlefield Earth.
- The game now has a clear scoring system that you can see so that you can easily identify which insult is the most damaging and follow up from there.
- The game introduced the Comeback Meter, which fills up the more damage you take. From there, you can use the meter to end off your insults with a bang (or a whimper, if your insults don't make sense).
- Every single level in the campaign is a parody of movies that they were inspired by.
- The Good, The Bad and Your Momma is a parody of The Good, The Bad and The Ugly.
- The Fool of Wall $treet is a parody of The Wolf of Wall Street, one of the most vulgar movies of all time and the most vulgar biographical movie of all time.
- Late Afternoon of the Dead is a parody of Dawn of the Dead.
- Casino Quarter Pounder is a parody of Casino Royale.
- Roast Your Enemies is a parody of Conan the Barbarian.
- One Ring to Fool Them All is a parody of The Lord of the Rings.
- The achievements in the game no longer require you to create specific sentences in order to unlock them.
- Bigger word database
- Just like its predecessor, for some reason, the characters tend to go "blah blah blah" at times. Thankfully, this was fixed in an update.
- The free Small Screen DLC is bad as the YouTubers represented in the DLC, JackSepticEye, CinnamonToastKen, ZombiUnicorn and Eat My Diction, only voiced their introductory info screen and not the characters completely.
- Worse, they're nothing but reskins of the main characters in the game.
- Multiplayer is dead yet again for the series.
- No Linux port for the game