The Pathfinder Roleplaying Game is a fantasy role-playing game (RPG) that was first published in 2009 by Paizo Publishing.
The Pathfinder RPG supports Pathfinder adventure paths as well as other works set in the Pathfinder Campaign Setting.
Why It Rocks
- It extends and modifies the Revised 3rd edition Dungeons & Dragons (D&D) game rules.
- It also supports Pathfinder adventure paths as well as other works set in the Pathfinder Campaign Setting.
- Addicting an extremely fun gameplay which can be played with many friends and other people.
- The customization options for a campaign are limitless.
- A Dungeon Master is in charge of the session´s setting, dungeons, enemies and bosses the players have to face against, etc.
- Multiple editions add new rules, character classes, enemy races, etc.
- Many monsters were included from D&D, while others are new and exclusive from Pathfinder. It even has monsters from H.P. Lovecraft like Cthulhu, Dagon, the deep ones and Mi-Gos.
- Both tactical elements and team work are required to solve the game´s challenges.
- Many Core Rulebooks, Playing Manuals and Monster Manuals.
- Several aspects of D&D 3.5 have been changed in Pathfinder, including several spells, the skill system, and combat maneuvers such as tripping and grappling.
- Pathfinder adds many options to the multiple character classes and boosts their abilities in their core roles.
- Similar to Dungeons & Dragons, a Pathfinder game consists of an "adventure", which is roughly equivalent to a single story.
- Multiple Miniature figures add more realism to the campaigns.
- A regular campaign can take hours to complete.
Pathfinder has won ENnie Awards at Gen Con in a variety of categories including Best Publisher and Best Game. The beta release of the game won the 2008 gold ENnie award for "best free product or web enhancement."Pathfinder was the top-selling role-playing game in the second quarter of 2011, autumn 2012, spring 2013, and autumn 2013. It replaced Dungeons & Dragons, which had been the best-selling game since 1974.