Jump to navigation Jump to search
People Playground is a 2019 violent sandbox game developed by mestiez and published by Studio Minus for Microsoft Windows.
Why It Rocks
- The game has zero predetermined objectives and gives you complete freedom to do whatever you want, akin to Garry's Mod.
- As the image and quote show, there are a multitude amount of ways to kill humans, androids, and gorses in this game, and there's a lot of creative ways to do so.
- Tons of content were added into the game around its release, and the game is bursting with it.
- The game can be really unsettling at times, especially since there are random creepy sound effects that can play on all of the maps outside of the snow map. There are also some easter eggs and secrets that can indeed scare an unsuspecting person playing. These are three examples of this:
- In the Tower map, there's a small chance that you can hear agonizing screams from other people outside of the map.
- At the bottom of the abyss map, not only does the ambiance change to an eerie sounding piece, if you stay there for too long, nightmare-inducing sounds start to play down there until you leave the spot.
- And in the void map, outside of there being absolutely nothing in the map except darkness (obviously, since the map is called void), out of nowhere, you can hear a radio that's reversed.
- The contraptions you create can be saved and easily uploaded to the workshop.
- All of the maps (aside from small and tiny) are incredibly massive, as the steam page says: "There's more than enough space to play around in".
- The amount of replay value in this game is absolutely staggering, especially with the large number of mods you can use from the workshop.
- You can make your own machines, converters, and make existing vehicles and thrusters more powerful thanks to the machinery tab the game gives you with. You can even make an entire portal that takes you to an entirely new area.
- Compared to Garry's Mod, the mods download extremely quickly. No matter how many mods you've subscribed to, it only takes up to 1-5 seconds.
- The game's gore is very realistic, with limbs and body parts have noticeably detailed bruises when taking high collision damage and skin and flesh dissolving when burned or drenched in acid. You can also dislocate the eyes of humans from their skull by dealing heavy damage against their heads, thanks to the expanded gore option.
- Some of the secrets get removed with new updates for no known reason. Although, they do get replaced with new ones.
- Compared to other games like Mutilate A Doll 2, this game doesn't have as much content, although the game does get updated to have more details, items, better optimization, and more.