PlatinumGames Inc. is an independent Japanese video game developer. The studio was founded in 2006 as Seeds, Inc. by former employees of Capcom's Clover Studio before merging with Odd Ltd. to form PlatinumGames in 2007. Notable titles from the company include Bayonetta, MadWorld, Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance, and The Wonderful 101.
- MadWorld (2009)
- Bayonetta (2009)
- Infinite Space (2009) (co-developed with Nude Maker)
- Vanquish (2010)
- Anarchy Reigns (2012)
- Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance (2013)
- The Wonderful 101 (2013)
- Bayonetta 2 (2014)
- Transformers: Devastation (2015)
- Nier: Automata (2017)
- Bayonetta 3 (TBA)
- Babylon's Fall (2019)
- Astral Chain (2019)
- Granblue Fantasy: Relink (TBA)
Why Their Games Rock
- Excellent combat.
- Tight controls.
- Stylish, beautiful graphics.
- Catchy soundtrack.
- The replay value they have in their games is meant for players to improve their skills.
- They learn from each game they develop in order to improve on the next game they are developing.
- They always appeal to both Western and Eastern audiences regardless of tastes.
- Excellent art design.
- The characters they create are very unique and interesting.
- They have invented a subgenre of beat-em-up called character/stylish action games.
- Mediocre licensed games such as The Legend of Korra and TMNT: Mutants in Manhattan, which they admit to finding this more easier than working on original IPs.
- They have a tendency to spread themselves across two, three or four projects which lead to the disappointment that was Star Fox Zero and the cancellation of Scalebound.
- Financial problems and bad circumstances led them to strand games like The Wonderful 101 and Bayonetta 2 on the Wii U which led to the poor sales of both those games. Also, it's the primary reason why they had to create licensed games, instead of their own IP's. That is until Nier Automata, which successfully regained interest in the company, while Bayonetta 2 would sell better when it was re-released on the Nintendo Switch.
- They haven't been giving out anymore info on Bayonetta 3, the third entry in the series coming exclusively to the Nintendo Switch since 2017, other than just vague statements like "the development's going smoothly". This may be an indication that things are actually going really badly for the game and it has basically entered development hell, and PlatinumGames has been constantly saying otherwise without any new videos or images to cover that.
- It was bought off by Tencent, which could possibly mean that Platinum's overall quality as a company will decline because of it.