Pokémon Black 2 and White 2
Pokémon Black 2 and White 2 are a pair of games the in series of Pokémon RPG games. They are part of Generation V of Pokémon. They're sequels to Pokémon Black and White.
They are games for the Nintendo DS, but they have additional features when played on a DSi or a 3DS.
Why They Rock
- It is the very first time (and currently only time) in the entire franchise where the second pair of games in a Generation of Pokémon are proper sequels to the first pair rather than just updated versions with minor changes.
- The Unova region is expanded with new areas while previous areas are changed to reflect that two years have passed since Black/White.
- The player travels the region in a different order from Black/White.
- Pokémon foreign to Unova are now available from the start of the game.
- Hugh is one of the more popular rivals.
- The sountrack while it reuses tracks from its prequel, It has great remixes of old tracks like the Gym battle theme and also new tracks as well
- The starting town is a city with its own gym rather than an uninteresting town with 3-4 houses that you dont have anything to do apart from getting your Starter Pokemon
- The Memory Link function activates multiple features such as flashbacks from the previous game, special fights, and difficulty settings.
- Even without difficulty settings, the main story is quite challenging with enemy Trainers have noticeably higher leveled Pokémon compared to other games.
- Team Plasma returns as outright villains rather than frauds claiming to want Pokémon peace, while some Ex-Plasma members support the player.
- Bianca, Cheren, and N all return as well.
- The Pokémon World Tournament is one the best post-game features in the series, it even allows you to battle the Gym Leaders from previous regions.
- The Pokéstar Studios also allows you to record films.
- Starting with these games, it will now ask if you want to use another repel should the current one wear off.
- The Shiny Charm is introduced in these games in which is obtained after acquiring all the Pokémon (with the exception of the mythicals) from the National Pokédex and with it, you will have better chance of finding shinies with all methods.
- The plot is weaker than Pokémon Black and White and Team Plasma are more one-note.
- The difficulty setting only activates by communicating with other Black 2/White 2 games, otherwise it won't be available until after completing the main story by which point all the important battles already ended.
- Breeding isn't accessible until completion of the main storyline.
- The main characters Hilbert and Hilda from the previous games, are absent in this game. They are both barely mentioned in this game as well.