Prinny: Can I Really Be the Hero?
Prinny: Can I Really Be the Hero? is a 2D side-scrolling platform video game for the PlayStation Portable, developed by Nippon Ichi Software. It is a spin-off title in the Disgaea series.
Why it rocks
- The levels are presented a set order, but can be completed any order.
- The game combines hack and slash combat and platforming elements.
- Addicting gameplay.
- Awesome graphics and soundtrack.
- Very high and challenging difficulty.
- The game starts with 1000 "Prinnies" to control; after all of them are lost is Game Over.
- Control several vehicles,such as tanks and hovering cannons.
- The game also features a Combo Gauge that fills up as you attack enemies and offers a reward once it is filled.
- The game features a 10 hour "Time Limit", which will decrease by 1 hour as you finish a stage and come back to the hub. As time passes, the difficulty of the levels will change and the boss you fight at the end may also change.
- Many secrets and unlockables.
- The game features Internet connectivity to unlock downloadable stages and bonuses.
- The game features characters, enemies, locations and other elements from the Disgaea and Makai Kingdom series.
- Lots of humor and funny moments courtesy of the innocent Prinnies.
- Awkward controls.
The game was generally well received, with praise about its sense of humor, boss fights and visual design, but criticisms about its difficulty. This game received a 3.5 out of 5 stars from X-Play and an 8.0 from GameSpot.