Rockstar Games is an American video game publisher and developer founded in 1997. The company was founded by Terry Donovan, brothers Sam and Dan Houser, Jamie King and Gary Foreman and is best known for the video game franchises Grand Theft Auto, Manhunt, Max Payne, Midnight Club and Red Dead.
- Grand Theft Auto series (1997-present)
- Manhunt series (2003-2007)
- Smuggler's Run series (2000-2002)
- Test Drive Off-Road: Wide Open (2001-2002)
- Midnight Club series (2000-2008)
- Red Dead series (2004-present)
- Bully (2006)
- The Warriors (2006)
- L.A. Noire (2011)
- Max Payne series (2001-2012)
- Set the bar for open-world games with the Grand Theft Auto and Red Dead franchises.
- They made some of the greatest video game franchises of all time, such as Grand Theft Auto, Red Dead, and Max Payne.
- Unlike , Rockstar actually takes time to polish their titles before release.
- Their games contain lots of Easter Eggs to discover.
- They really care and keep close to their fans, and have a lot of fan service in their games such as the "UFO" and "Aliens" myths that were famous in Grand Theft Auto San Andreas that came to live in Grand Theft Auto V.
- All of their games tend to have awesome stories with really memorable characters, such as GTA San Andreas.
- Many of their open world games (specially Grand Theft Auto) tend to have lots of mini-games and quests that are really fun, such as racing, flying or fighting.
- They always side with gamers over RWW. For example, when GTA V was pulled from Target and K-Mart stores in Australia after it was falsely accused of "promoting violence against women", Rockstar's CEO Sam Houser stated that "If you don't like our games, then don't buy them!"
- When their publisher partner company Take-Two Interactive discontinued the OpenIV modding tool for "allowing third parties to defeat security features of its software and modify their software in violation of Take-Two's rights" (even though OpenIV cannot be used for cheating), Rockstar apologized to fans for Take-Two's actions and later re-released OpenIV.
They have gone downhill after CGW hit hard on their reputation. They also have their own page on the CGW.