Silent Hill 3
Silent Hill 3 is a survival horror video game published by Konami for the PlayStation 2. It is the third installment in the Silent Hill series and a direct sequel to the first Silent Hill game.
Set seventeen years after the events of Silent Hill in which Harry Mason defeats the god of the town cult and is given a baby girl to care for, Silent Hill 3 focuses on Heather Mason, a teenage girl raised by Harry in Portland. She discovers that the cult plans to use her to birth their god, and becomes caught in a conflict within the cult.
Why It Rocks
- It is the first game in the series to feature a female protagonist.
- The game focuses more on combat then the its predecessor.
- Bloody, rusty and bizarre other world environments, unlike the gloomy and dark environments from Silent Hill 2.
- It is the official sequel from Silent Hill, taking place 17 years after that game.
- Much more creature variety and bosses.
- Equip many melee weapons and firearms.
- Lots of secrets and unlockables.
- Many endings, even a joke UFO ending; which is traditional in the Silent Hill franchise.
- The game can last up to 10-15 hours depending on the difficulty.
- Clever puzzles.
- A psychological horror experience.
- Both beautiful and unsettling soundtrack composed by series longtime composer Akira Yamaoka.