Soulcalibur III (ソウルキャリバーIII Sōrukyaribā Surī) is a fighting video game produced by Namco as a sequel to Soulcalibur II and the fourth installment in the Soulcalibur series. It was originally released exclusively for the PlayStation 2 in 2005. An improved arcade version, Soulcalibur III: Arcade Edition, was released in 2006. It was the last Soulcalibur game to receive an arcade version, as IV onwards did not have an arcade release. It is one of Soul series’ 1591 A.D. trilogy games, due to this game took place between II and IV.
Why It Rocks
- Chronicles of the Sword was actually fun to play and also the best extra mode of the entire franchise.
- It introduced Zasalamel, Tira and Setsuka.
- It introduced character creation mode.
- Nice graphics.
- Good gameplay like the Previous Soulcalibur Games.
- Great soundtrack.
- Lots of things to unlock, including characters and weapons.
- It has the CGW, where when the player saves the Chronicles of the Sword data after transfering/deleting any other save file on the Memory Card, it will become corrupted.
- Fighting Night Terror was really hard.