|Spooky's Jump Scare Mansion
||July 28, 2015
Spooky's Jump Scare Mansion (previously known as Spooky's House of Jump Scares) is a 2014 action horror game developed and published by Lag Studios.
Why It Rocks
- It parodies horror games with excessive jumpscares, yet also manages to be terrifying at the same time with psychological and physical elements.
- Spooky is a cute ghost, but was born with a physical disorder that gives her that appearance, giving the game a lot of creativity.
- Tons of freakish specimens, such as Specimen 11, Specimen 6, Specimen 8, and much more.
- You have to go through 1000 rooms, giving the game some challenge.
- Amazing artwork by the mysterious Akuma Kira.
- Great and disturbing soundtrack.
- Spooky has a short, but understandable backstory.
- Three endings depending on the player's choice.
- The HD Renovation which was developed and published by Albino Moose Games gives all the specimen 3D models, improved controls, better graphics, VR mode and more.
- Karamari Hospital is a nice bit of DLC that breaks away from the usual formula of the game and adds more disturbing creatures and death scenes.
- A lot of the rooms are hallways that can be run through in less than a second.
- The "Good Ending" sends mixed messages.
- Karamari Hospital can be completed in about 20 minutes if you know what you're doing.