Streets of Rage 2
Streets of Rage 2 (also known as Bare Knuckle II in Japan) is a side-scrolling beat 'em up released by Sega for the Sega Genesis in 1992. This game received several re-releases, including ones for PlayStation 3, Xbox 360 and Nintendo 3DS.
The game takes place one year after the events of the first game. Mr. X has taken over the city and kidnapped Adam Hunter. It's up to Axel Stone and Blaze Felding to save the day with the help of Adam's kid brother Skate and a pro wrestler named Max Thunder.
Why It Rocks
- An amazing dance music soundtrack by Yuzo Koshiro that is worthy of nightclubs.
- Vastly improved controls and gameplay mechanics.
- Each of the four characters have a unique playstyle.
- Great graphics, with sprites that are larger than the first game's. It can even handle several enemies on screen at once without slowdown.
- A large variety of enemies to fight. Enemies even get smarter and nastier as the game progresses.
- Multiple difficulty settings to choose from, with Mania being truly intense.
- There are programs you can use to replace the characters with characters from other video games, therefore you can make your own Streets of Rage 2 rom hacks.
- It is somewhat challenging, but it is not frustrating.