The Final Fantasy Legend
The Final Fantasy Legend is a role-playing video game in the SaGa series developed and published by Squaresoft for the Game Boy system originally in 1989 in Japan as Makai Toushi SaGa, and in 1991 in North America.
Four worlds are connected by a very tall tower. It is rumored that there is a paradise at the top of the tall tower which you can live the rest of your years in. You decide to try and climb the tower to the top.
Why It Rocks
- You get to choose the class of your character. You can play as either a human, a mutant, or a monster. Humans and Mutants can be male or female, which changes the start of the game slightly as male humans and mutants are better at strength initially, while females are better at agility initially. You can quickly hire other people to be in your party as well to form a party of four characters.
- Humans are basic class. They drink potions to increase in power. They have eight slots to equip weapons, armor, and items. Weapons will break after a limited amount of uses and eventually become unable to be used.
- Mutants are very efficient in magic abilities. They have four slots to equip weapons, armor, and items, and four other slots for abilities, obtained by chance after each battle. These abilities obtained can be recharged by resting in inns.
- Monsters cannot equip weapons, armor, or even items as the other classes can. They also cannot manually increase their stats, instead they can change forms by eating meat dropped by monsters, which changes their appearance, abilities, and stats to match that subclass. After eating meat their HP and abilities recharge. Also, their abilities can be recharged by resting in inns.
- Good replay value due to the character classes, as you can create different combos of classes, as well as have lots of items to pick up.
- Good Graphics.
- Weapons will break after a limited amount of uses and eventually become unable to be used, which can be annoying.
- The dialogue is poor.
- The battles are very repetitive, and the same battle sequences are fought even if you reset the game.
- It is possible to beat the game with just one human, so feel free to experiment with your party classes.