The Legend of Zelda: Link´s Awakening DX
The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening DX for Game Boy Color is a remake of Link's Awakening with several new additions, the most notable of which being the entire game is now in color. It was released just before Ocarina of Time.
The engines and color palettes in both of the Oracle series games are likely based on Link's Awakening DX's. It can also be played on a Game Boy, with some features disabled.
Why It Rocks
- The game has been given a color palette.
- An additional dungeon called the Color Dungeon was added. It was added to take advantage of the Game Boy Color's color screen, but is inaccesible when played on a Game Boy.
- The reward for completing the bonus Color Dungeon is a tunic that boosts Link's offensive or defensive stats, making this game easier than the original.
- The photographer and the photo side quest were added
- Some areas have had their landscaping changed between the games.
- The secret ending has been changed. Instead of Marin floating across the screen with wings, she is now seen as a seagull with her image on the screen.
- The original had an all-green Super Game Boy color palette but no special background. DX has a Super Game Boy background but no special palette.
- Various glitches and bugs from the original game were fixed.