Touhou Luna Nights
Touhou Luna Night's is a 2D search action (Metroidvania) video game. After creating many action games, this is a new project from Team Ladybug.
"--Now, let's begin my world."
The vampire from the Scarlet Devil Mansion ,Remilia Scarlet, suddenly sends her maid, Sakuya Izayoi to a parallel universe similar to Gensokyo.
A strange world, strange youkai, and unable to use the power to manipulate time. What is Remilia up to...?
Why It Rocks
- It's one of the first Touhou games where it had Sakuya Izayoi as the main protagonist. You can can stop or slow down time as you fight against your foes.
- Its colorful graphics gives the game a 16-bit Metroidvania style gameplay.
- Smooth controls.
- Good soundtrack. Most noticably when each boss fight plays the characters' (Meiling, Marisa, Patchouli and Remilia) theme.
- You can find as many unlockables as you can (Auto Aim, or A Thousand Dagger) while you're exploring.
- You can trade gems into real gold to Nitori.
- If possible, you can find vending machines to replenish both your HP and SP.
- Its recent update unlocked new content, such as:
- New map and levels.
- New abilities, like dashing, and flame immunity.
- New enemies.
- Reimu Hakurei boss fight.
- After you've beaten Reimu, the game unlocks Boss Rush Mode, which tests you on how fast you can beat them all.
- Lots of tedious backtracking.
- Enemies respawning every time you leave the room can be really infuriating at times. Although it's your decision to think that it's a bad quality.
- It earned a 10/10 rating on Steam.
- Remilia was supposed to be the main antagonist of the game, but it turns out the true main antagonist is her younger sister, Flandre.