The Henry Stickmin Collection
(Redirected from User:Danirabbid/sandbox/The Henry Stickmin Collection)Jump to navigation Jump to search
The Henry Stickmin Collection is a remake/collection of the Henry Stickmin flash games developed by PuffballsUnited and published by InnerSloth, with a new game called Completing the Mission alongside it.
Why It Rocks
- It is not only a collection, but it is also a remake of every previous Henry Stickmin game, with a new game called: Completing the Mission, serving as the final game in the series.
- The games revolve around picking choices that can either lead to succeeding or failing (although it's more fun to fail the segment than picking the right choice). Almost all of the choices have a reference to a certain video game, tv show, or a meme from the internet.
- Loads of hilarious and unforgettable characters that spawned multiple memes, especially Charles who is known for flying his helicopter into something whenever you get the option to pick him. Henry can even reenact this in on of the fails on Completing the Mission.
- A massive amount of secrets and medals to search for and earn, with them also having references to whatever said reference is.
- Breaking the Bank was reanimated entirely instead of looking visually better.
- Fluid and fantastic animation from PuffballsUnited in which each game (except for Breaking the Bank, which as the above pointer states, was completely reanimated from the get-go) got better and better.
- The voice acting is intentionally hammy for laughing purposes, and they're all done by one person (except for Ellie).
- A lot of great songs in each of the games that are either used from Newgrounds or were composed by the developer.
- A large number of fails you can get in the series and each of them is almost always funny (although because Fleeing the Complex was going for a darker approach for the franchise, the fails weren't really funny anymore, having anti-humor in them).
- An absolute overdose of references from multiple media (in a good way of course).
Completing the Mission
- Completely unique from the other Henry Stickmin games, this one contains multiple possible stories to pick from and introduces a mechanic to combine the endings from Infiltrating the Airship and Fleeing the Complex to create a new lineup of routes and choices to start from.
- This game has a whopping 164 unique fails, 16 endings (and a secret one), and 27 achievements to earn, making this game the most packed with content.
- There's one section in the game that references Crossing the Pit (AKA, the very first Henry Stickmin game).
- The game's story combines the Henry Stickmin games story into one this time around. Only this time, your missions are to either takedown The Toppat Clan from taking off from earth to outer space in order to get away from the government, flee from whatever trapped situation you're in, steal something valuable to them, etc.
- Henry's motives this time around are different. Depending on what the player picks, he'll either try to launch the rocket if he's a part of The Toppat Clan, attempt to take them down if he's working for the government, or break-in to obtain riches for himself.
- The collection can freeze up at times and crash for no reason, especially when playing in full-screen.
- Some of the songs and sound effects had to be changed for the remake due to copyright reasons. While this is ok for the most part, it can ruin some of the references in the game, like the worm's "WRYYYYY" now changed to what sounds like "REEEEOOOOOOOO" in Stealing the Diamond.
- Some of the endings in Completing the Mission feel way too short even though it's supposed to be a finale to the series, most notably the Toppat Civil Warfare ending which not only ends on a cliffhanger but can be finished extremely quickly.
- Some of the old music was changed and some were better than the current music.
- It spawned Distraction Dance (also known as You Have Been Distracted) meme, which refers to a dance which Henry Stickmin uses to distract two guards in Fleeing the Complex. In August 2020, it became the source meme for bait-and-switch videos.
- The release of The Henry Stickmin Collection is often credited as a contributing factor for the sudden success of the popular online game, Among Us.
- It is currently the highest-rated game on Steam.