User:Natethegreat/sandbox/Mario Power Tennis
Mario Power Tennis is a sports game developed by Camelot Software Planning and published by Nintendo for the Nintendo GameCube and Nintendo Wii. An entry in the Mario Tennis series, it was released for the GameCube on November 8, 2004, and for the Wii on March 9, 2009.
Why It Rocks
- Great graphics for GameCube and Wii standards.
- The opening scene was awesome, and the bloopers are funny and hilarious.
- The soundtrack is amazing and memorable.
- Loads of content, with the game modes being very fun, like the common exhibition and tournaments.
- The new special games, Artist On the Court, Balloon Panic, Chain-Chomp Challenge, Gooper Blooper Volley, Mecha-Bowser Mayhem, Terror Tennis, Tic-Tac-Glow, and Coin Collectors are all great and fun to play.
- The new selection of courts is awesome:
- The Hard, Clay, and Grass versions of Peach Dome, a nice new location.
- Luigi's Mansion, based off the location from the game of the same name.
- Delfino Plaza and Gooper Blooper, based off the locations from Super Mario Sunshine.
- Wario Factory, based off the location from WarioWare.
- DK Jungle, based off the location from the Donkey Kong series.
- Bowser's Castle, based off the location from the main Super Mario series.
- Mario Classic, based off the location of the original stage from from Mario Bros. arcade game.
- This game has interesting and creative new Power Shots from all the characters:
- The Offensive Power Shot is powerful for anyone who wants to score a point, and opponents who actually send it back get's hindering effects.
- The Defensive Power Shots are good defenders for anyone who wants to send the ball back in a tricky situation, especially when used against Offensive Power Shots, which will negate the effects of those shots.
- Diddy Kong, Bowser Jr., Koopa Troopa, Fly Guy, Wiggler and Petey Piranha make their debut as playable characters.
Mario Power Tennis received "generally favorable reviews", according to review aggregator Metacritic.