Bloons Adventure Time TD is a tower defense game developed and published by Ninja Kiwi and Cartoon Network and is a crossover between Cartoon Network's "Adventure Time" series and Ninja Kiwi's "Bloons TD" series. It is a spin-off of Bloons Tower Defense 6, due to similar mechanics, gameplay and sounds. It was released in July 14th, 2018 in Australia, New Zealand, Singapore and Philippines, and released in August 28th, 2018 internationally. It was last updated on 10th December, 2019. As of now, the game is no longer updated.
The bloons have invaded the "Land of Ooo", and it's up to Finn, Max, and other heroes to save the day. Like Bloons TD 6, the heroes are placed in a position where they attack the bloons, and they recruit other people along the way.
Why It Rocks
- The dialogue is very impressive, for a tower defense crossover. The characters work very well with each other. In fact, the cast from Adventure Time all reprise their roles.
- Amazing gameplay, with the same mechanics as Bloons TD 6 and the same bloon types.
- The soundtracks are really interesting. Most notably the intro, which is a well-done mashup of the Adventure Time opening theme and BTD6 opening theme.
- Some awesome (and even hilarious) one-liners.
- Does microtransactions correctly, like BTD6. Despite the new Finn, Jake and Marceline sets locked behind a paywall, you can still manage to beat the game without them.
- Introduces the Martian Games, which is where you have to beat the top given round to earn income for the game to automatically collect. If you win the throne, you get up to 8 hours of it before it is unoccupied.
- While on the loading screen, it gives tips for when getting into the rounds such as PB Bubblegum being effective at the start of the path, which helps a lot and makes it easier for the player to win.
- You can't level up much faster anymore, as you have to complete each round in order to earn XP. And sometimes, it can take a while.
- With each and every round, the bloons get faster and faster thus making it hard for the player to actually beat them.
- Poor music placing. When you go to the coins store, it plays the Adventure Time end credits, and then when you go back, the menu theme is played which ruins the round experience for the player.
- Some of the Adventure Time characters can be way too overpowered, making the rounds seem like they're doing all the work. For example, Ice King's Winter Weather. Although it helps defeat the bloons faster, which isn't a bad thing, the other heroes never get the chance to destroy the bloons themselves.
- In fact, speaking of which, people may see Max as the worst brawler in the game, due to how he peforms.
- Some of the allies are no better. Most notably, the dart monkeys. They barely throw their darts fast enough to pop the bloons, so you'd have to find another ally to take place and use them for support.
- This goes for the ice monkeys as well. They do NOTHING but freeze the bloons for the hero to pop. Even with the upgrades, they're no better.
- Sometimes BTD characters don't even do anything at all.
- Grinding. Grinding is the main problem here, as you'd have to waste your coins on powers to get you through the difficult rounds. And if they don't work, you're left with absolutely nothing.
- The upgrade path is kind of limited, as some of the upgrades require levelling up to unlock.
- Since 10th December, 2019, the game had been completely abandoned and still is to this day by Ninja Kiwi.