WWE: SmackDown VS RAW 2007
Jump to navigation Jump to search
WWE: SmackDown VS RAW 2007 is a wrestling game developed by Yukes and published by THQ in November 10, 2006 for the PlayStation 2, Xbox 360, and PlayStation Portable.
Why It Rocks
Xbox 360 and PlayStation 2 Version
- It is the very first WWE game in the series to be on a Seventh Generation console, and the Xbox 360 version of the game received major improvements over the PlayStation 2 release.
- The graphics look a lot more realistic, improved character models, and now the sweat looks much better.
- There is also a better online experience, since there is no hackers in the Xbox 360 version. Since that version has cheat detection unlike the PlayStation 2 version.
- In Create A Wrestler, you get 64 layers in the Xbox 360 Version instead of 32 like in the PlayStation 2 Version.
- The Season Mode in this game has more content, and having better voice acting too.
- You can even modify your locker room, which is new feature of the game.
- Amazing Soundtrack from many WWE Wrestlers and many bands, such as "Bullet with a Name" by Nonpoint.
- The roster is big having around 66 (96 if you include the CAWs) playable wrestlers to choose from, including many returning wrestlers and new ones like Fit Finlay, Mickie James, Candice Michelle, Vito, The Great Khali, Ken Kennedy, Johnny Nitro (John Morrison).
- It was the last game to have Chris Benoit before his infamous murder and suicide in 2007.
- Lots of hidden content throughout the game, such as having many other superstar's entrances like Brock Lesnar's left in the game.
- This was the last game in the series to have a Season Mode, due to them changing it to a 24/7 Mode in later installments.
- Great voice acting from many WWE Wrestlers and the 6 CAW voice choices.
- Despite the Xbox 360 version being better there are some things that were not changed.
- You still have a layer limit for CAWs, despite the later limit being doubled.
- In the Season Mode, many of the superstars still turn into the default diva model. Instead of making extra models for the diva versions of the superstars,.
- Chris Jericho, Tajiri, Christian, Jeff Hardy and others that returning from SmackDown vs. RAW 2006 are not in this game unfortunately.
- Create A Superstar was very lacking, since some of the item's colors cannot be changed. And it is very limited too.
- It still has The Rock overselling of the Stone Cold Stunner animation that plagued since WWF SmackDown!.
PlayStation Portable Version.
- This version is considered to be a mediocre version of the game, due to the bugs and issues due to hardware limitations.
- The facial expressions and bone placements for the superstars are off and sometimes broken (which is worse for CAWs), which will end up making the superstars look weird. In fact in Create A Wrestler, the superstar doesn't even move at all except for it's face.
- The layer limit is 16 layers, which many of the layers are used up already for the face.
- No entrance attires, despite the sample CAW models having them still. (Which was left in the code from the PlayStation 2 release)
- No Commentary from Michael Cole, Jim Ross, Tazz and Jerry Lawler (Except for Season Mode)
- In Season Mode, if you lose the match against Shawn Micheal's 2 Partners. The music randomly cuts off for no reason.
- A PlayStation 3 version was originally planned to be release, but it was cancelled due to the difficulty of the PlayStation 3 hardware. Thankfully you can still play the PS2 version if you have a older fat PS3.