Yakuza 6: The Song of Life (Known in Japan as Ryū ga Gotoku 6: Inochi no Uta) is an action-adventure video game developed and published by Sega for PlayStation 4. The game is the seventh main entry in the Yakuza series of action-adventure games, and was released in Japan on December 8, 2016. The English version was released in Southeast Asia both physically and digitally on April 17, 2018
Why It Rocks
- Upgraded graphics thanks to the brand new Dragon Engine created for the series.
- A more interactive and immersive world.
- Larger environment than in the previous games.
- Rebuilt fighting system. That is much more dynamic combat as well.
- Memorable sub stories.
- The story is more personal and it focuses on a older Kiryu with his struggles as a adoptive father and now adoptive grandfather.
- Cutscenes are movie like and intense.
- Variety of activities to take part in. Such as running a cat café to spearfishing.
- Seamless world to explore eliminating loading times from entering a location.
- Smoother animation than in Yakuza 0 and Yakuza Kiwami.
- Improved visuals.
- You can access memories in the main menu in order to catch up on the previous games if you have not yet played any of it.
- New cast of likable and memorable characters. Along with returning characters from the series such as Goro Majima.
Yakuza 6: The Song of Life received "generally favorable" reviews from critics, according to review aggregator Metacritic.
- Beat Takeshi the designer of Takeshi no Chōsenjō plays one of the antagonists Hirose in this game.
- Paul Lim a famous Darts player plays as himself. And he is the only character in the game to speak fluent English.